On this program Sotera Defense, a KeyW Company, provides systems engineering, integration, operations, cyber security, and sustainment of classified systems that support over 500 geographically disbursed users. Includes system and network engineering, Tier 1 - 3 support (IT/IS Enterprise Services), configuration management, training, and logistics.
The Systems Administrator is responsible for interacting with customers on a regular basis and to troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, and networking issues.
The Systems Administrator must possess the professional aptitude to be able to think big picture and be able to troubleshoot, diagnose, problem solve and complete tickets.
Additional job duties and responsibilities are below:
- Provide in person and over the phone service desk support
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, problem solve, and complete tickets in a timely fashion
- Train end users as needed
- Creating and updating Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs)
- Complete hardware and software lifecycle of IT equipment to include install, configure, test, deploy and decommission new and current workstations, thin clients, and laptops and other enterprise IT equipment.
- Follow and assist Configuration Manager with inventory control and other CM Processes
- Manage users and groups within Active Directory environment - Manage and troubleshoot user sessions in a Citrix VDI environment
- Manage and configure the HBSS environment to include Antivirus updates and system patches
- Provide assistance to and serve as backup administrator enterprise wide data backups
- Responsible for PKI administration to include requesting, revoking, and troubleshooting PKI issues
- Responsible for CAC administration.
- Familiarity with mail.mil CAC authentication
- Provide support to users on phone system using Cisco Unity and Unified Connection Manager.
- Manage and support networked printers and scanners
- Ability to perform light manual labor, i.e. lifting monitors or PC's
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent calls / tasks in a fast paced environment
- Efficient in troubleshooting Windows 7/10, Office 2010/2016, Server 2008 R2 and 2012, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Exchange
- Provide basic server administration with daily hardware checks and initial troubleshooting
- Create and disable user accounts and mailboxes in an Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange environment
- Troubleshoot and operate Audio/Visual and VTC systems and devices
- Interact with vendors and other agencies to troubleshoot outages, coordinate maintenance, and plan system deployments