KEYW is a total solutions provider for the Intelligence Community, solving their toughest challenges. We support the collection, processing, analysis and dissemination of information across the full life cycle of the Intelligence Community’s mission. We employ and challenge the most talented professionals in the industry with solving such complex problems as preventing cyber threats, transforming geospatial imaging into intelligence, and combating global terrorism.
Looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to augment the existing metrics team for a large analytic cloud repository. The ideal candidate for this position will have scripting experience, as well as experience in the following areas: Elastic Search, Crate, MySQL, python, php, and Kafka. This position will be primarily focused developing the front end GUI and integration layer between the front and back ends for the team’s metric collection system.
Shall have seven (7) years experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. ·
· Required - Shall have two (2) years experience in the SIGINT environment.
· Desired - Knowledge and experience with internals of HDFS, HADOOP, and/or Google's BIG TABLE. ·
· Desired - Experience with Hadoop clusters with 1000 or more cores. ·
· Desired - Familiar with the software development process described in the J-STD-016 and IEEEIEIA 12207, ""Information technology-Software life cycle processes"" and possess at least two (2) years of experience developing software in accordance with these standards. ·
· Desired - Able to communicate directions and provide guidance to junior programmer/analysts. ·
· Desired - Four (4) years demonstrated experience developing software for one of the following: Windows, UNIX, or Linux (Redhat versions 3-5) OS. ·
· Desired - Experience on at least one Object Oriented System. ·
· Desired - Extensive experience in planning and accomplishing goals and complicated tasks and providing consultation on complex projects as top-level contributor or specialist. ·
· Desired – Experience in evaluating project needs, determining tasks and durations and allocating resources. ·
· Desired – Knowledge and experience with developing distributed storage routing and querying algorithms. ·
· Desired – Six (6) years of experience developing software using the Java programming language. At least four (4) years of this experience must have been obtained in the last seven (7) years. At least four (4) years of either C or C++ Windows/Linux programming experience. ·
· Desired – Experience developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products. ·
· Desired – Demonstrated technical writing skills. ·
· Desired - Firm grasp of modem computer programming with a minimum of six (6) years experience in programming and development of application software for complex systems and software testing. ·
· Desired – Experience ""wrapping"" legacy systems or components as Web Services within a SOA framework. ·
Education: A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science is highly desired which will be considered equivalent to two (2) years experience. A Master's degree in a Technical Field will be considered equivalent to four (4) years experience.
NOTE: A degree in Communications, Computer Science, Mathematics, Accounting, Information Systems, Program Management, or similar degree will be considered as a technical field.