Candidate conducts design and development of software, determination of interfaces, and technical feasibility analysis. Coordinates and performs requirements and implementation analysis, design, development, testing and enhancement of application software. Coordinates and/or performs integration of COTS and other existing code.
Candidate will be responsible for the creation of a database that will facilitate the tracking of maps, charts, and digital products that are produced across multiple offices. The database will track inventories, funding, production schedules, and storage requirements across multiple Source production offices.
Additionally, the candidate will:
- Assist office staff with scripting duties to facilitate the dissemination of standard and non-standard geospatial intelligence data
- Create databases or tools to aid in the automation of disseminating GEOINT.
- Create a database using Oracle or other software package as defined by the program office
- Develop a user friendly web interface to capture customer inputs
- Generate the Intent to Publish biweekly report
- Attend Production Management Working Group weekly meetings
- Coordinate with each Production Office and the Defense Logistics Agency to acquire production and reporting requirements
- Obtain appropriate network permissions to establish database on multiple domains
- Generate reports in multiple formats and post reports online
- Translate customer needs into vetted requirements
- Maintain product XML and RSS data, as required
- Provide weekly status to management detailing activities and accomplishments
- Maintain customer database and contact information
- Maintain customer surveys and report results to office staff
- Conduct web authoring duties, as required
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree (math, science, engineering or other technical discipline desired) or the equivalent within related field.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- 7-10 years of related experience.
- Experience developing, modifying or configuring moderately complex software application form detailed specifications.
- Experience working on most phases of application programming activities, independent of supervisory guidance.
- Thorough knowledge of database development.
- Experience with relational databases such as: Oracle, MySQL, Sybase, Visual Basic, Visual Basic.Net, and SQL Server.
- Thorough knowledge of web design principles.
- Proficiency with web publishing software and protocols (FTP, HTTP).
- Experience with SQL and CGI scripting.
- Experience defining style guides used across an organization.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with NI 8955.5R5 NGA Instruction for Preparing NGA Web Pages
- Familiarity with NI 8010.2R7, Instruction for Information System Security and Training
- Familiarity with DCIS 6/6 and DCIS 6/7