KeyW has an opening for a mission-minded System Engineer interested in deploying for 6 to 12 months to a hazardouns location. The ideal candidate would have a military bakcground, understanding of SIGINT and be willing and able to work 84 hours per week.
• System deployment, installation and maintenance
• Support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
• In-depth experience in troubleshooting IT systems
• Configure and manage UNIX and Windows operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
• Detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers for escalated tickets
• Support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
• Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis, and resolution of problems
• Support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
• Optimize system operations and resources utilization, and performs system capacity analysis and planning
• Support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
• Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
• Assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems
Seven (7) years system engineering experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity within the Federal Government is required. Bachelor's degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
• Understanding of RF:HF, VHF, UFH, VLF, SHF SIGINT Systems
Computer Network Operations and Other:
• Sun Solaris, HP-Unix, Linux, VMS, Networking, Satcom, Crypto, Agency experience
• Windows operating systems to include shell scripting and XML
• Cisco equipment and router operations
• Military experience is a plus
KeyW is a pure-play national security solutions provider for the Intelligence, Cyber and Counterterrorism Communities' toughest challenges. We support the collection, processing, analysis and dissemination of information across the full spectrum of their missions. We employ and challenge more than 2,000 of the most talented professionals in the industry with solving such complex problems as preventing cyber threats, transforming data into intelligence and combating global terrorism.
Positions require a Top Secret security clearance, based on current background investigation (SBI), as well as the favorable completion of polygraph. Clearance and polygraph processing will be completed by the U.S. Government.