KeyW had a current opening for a Mid to Senior Level C++ Software Engineer. The Software Engineer will:
• analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
• design and code new software or modified existing software to add new features
• debug existing software and corrected defects
• integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
• develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
• provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
• develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
• assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
• wrote or reviewed software and system documentation
• develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyzed systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigated problem areas
• serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used
• modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
• design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
• design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
• oversee one or more software development teams and ensured the work was completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process
• design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints
• perform quality control on team products
• confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
• coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications were met.
• implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
KeyW is a pure-play national security solutions provider for the Intelligence, Cyber and Counterterrorism Communities' toughest challenges. We support the collection, processing, analysis and dissemination of information across the full spectrum of their missions. We employ and challenge more than 2,000 of the most talented professionals in the industry with solving such complex problems as preventing cyber threats, transforming data into intelligence and combating global terrorism.
KeyW, together with its direct and indirect subsidiaries, encourages and actively supports a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and commits to provide equal opportunity to each individual, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other classifications protected by Federal, State or local law. In fact, we foster an environment that promotes diversity, balance and fun—because we believe in the importance of having a workplace as unique as the challenges we solve.
Positions require a Top Secret security clearance, based on current background investigation (SBI), as well as the favorable completion of polygraph. Clearance and polygraph processing will be completed by the U.S. Government.