• Contributes to/participates in development of sections of SE documentation (i.e. System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements specifications, and Interface Control Documents).
• Manages system/derived requirements to ensure delivery of production systems that are compatible with defined system architecture(s) (DoD Architecture Framework (DoDAF), Service-oriented Architecture (SOA), etc.).
• Assists with development & allocation of system/functional requirements to individual hardware, software, facility, and personnel components.
• Coordinates resolution of action items from Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings and design/program/test reviews that require cross-discipline coordination.
• Participates in Integrated Product Team to design new capabilities based on evaluation of development and operational considerations.
• Participates in interface definition, design, and changes to configuration between affected groups and individuals throughout the life cycle.
• Allocates real-time process/error budgets to systems and subsystem components.
• Derives from system requirements understanding of stakeholder needs, functions that may be logically inferred and implied as essential to system effectiveness.
• Derives lower-level requirements from higher-level allocated requirements that describe in detail functions that a system component must fulfill; ensures requirements are complete, correct, unique, unambiguous, realizable, and verifiable.
• Generates alternative system concepts, physical architectures, and design solutions.
• Participates in establishing/gaining approval of definition of a system or component under development (requirements, designs, interfaces, test procedures, etc.) that provides a common reference point for HW/SW developers.
• Defines methods, processes, and evaluation criteria by which systems, subsystems and work products are verified against requirements in a written plan.
• Develops system design solution that satisfies system requirements and fulfills functional analysis.
• Develops derived requirements for IA Services; Basic IA Mechanisms; and Security Mechanism Technology.
• Reviews/provides input to program and contract work breakdown structure (WBS), work packages and integrated master plan (IMP).
• Provides technical direction for development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of specific components of complex HW/SW systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis.
• Implements comprehensive SOA solutions.
• Implements operational/technical standards view, and system/services view for architectures using applicable DoDAF standards.
• Develops scenarios (threads) and an Operational Concept that describe interactions between system, user, and environment, that satisfies operational, support, maintenance, and disposal needs.
• Reviews and/or approves SE documentation to ensure processes and specifications meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, and complete.
• Conducts quantitative analysis in non-functional system performance areas like Reliability, Maintainability, Vulnerability, Survivability, Produceability, etc.).
• Establishes/follows formal procedure for coordinating system integration activities among multiple teams, ensuring complete coverage of all interfaces.
• Captures interface designs in a common interface control format and store interface data in a commonly accessible repository.
• Prepares time-line analysis diagrams illustrating the flow of time-dependent functions.
• Establishes process to formally and proactively control/manage changes to requirements; considers impacts prior to commitment to change; gains stakeholder buy-in; eliminates ambiguity; ensures traceability to source requirements; and tracks and settles open actions.
• Assesses risks/determines probability of occurrence and quantified consequence of failure IAW risk management plan.
• Manages/ensures technical integrity of system baseline over time, continually updating it as changes are imposed on the system during lifecycle from development through deployment and operations & maintenance.
• In conjunction with stakeholders, plans verification efforts of new/unproven designs early in development life cycle to ensure compliance with established requirements.
• Supports planning/test analysis of the DoD Certification/Accreditation Process (as well as other Government C&A processes).
• Supports development and review of Joint Capability Integration Development System (JCIDS) documents (i.e., Initial Capability Document, Capabilities Description Document, IA Strategy).
• Fourteen (14) years experience as SE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required.
• Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Domain Area Requirements:
• Three (3) years’ demonstrated experience in Computer Network Operations Protection Level (PL) 3 high/high solutions utilizing Layer 2 to 7.
• Three (3) years’ demonstrated experience in IT, operating, managing, monitoring, and deploying network security devices and systems, using advanced knowledge of security networking devices such as: application, proxy, and packet based firewalls (i.e. McAfee Enterprise firewall appliances, Control Center Management appliances, IPSEC, SSL and SSH applications, Cisco Secure Access Control Servers (ACS), Cisco Security Manager (CSM), Cisco VPN and firewall devices, Web Proxy, Load balancer, and related software and hardware used in LAN/WAN networks).used in LAN/WAN networks).
Certifications: IAT Level II
Clearance Requirement: This position requires a Top Secret/SCI security clearance, based on current background investigation (SBI), as well as the favorable completion of polygraph. Clearance and polygraph processing will be completed by the U.S. Government.
KeyW is an EEO employer. We are committed to providing fair and equal employment consideration, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
How to Apply?
Please click apply on the right.
Maria Chorabik email@example.com or 443-733-1657
KeyW is a pure-play national security solutions provider for the Intelligence, Cyber and Counterterrorism Communities' toughest challenges. We support the collection, processing, analysis and dissemination of information across the full spectrum of their missions. We employ and challenge more than 2,000 of the most talented professionals in the industry with solving such complex problems as preventing cyber threats, transforming data into intelligence and combating global terrorism.
KeyW, together with its direct and indirect subsidiaries, encourages and actively supports a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and commits to provide equal opportunity to each individual, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other classifications protected by Federal, State or local law. In fact, we foster an environment that promotes diversity, balance and fun—because we believe in the importance of having a workplace as unique as the challenges we solve.